Local Food and History
What do they do:
The fantastic medieval building was constructed in 1450 and first became The Green Dragon Inn in 1500. It remained a popular Public House for hundreds of years, it’s walls no doubt hearing some of the most scintillating gossip that pervaded through Coventry’s history and it’s inhabitants!
However, the most devastating events in it’s history, the Coventry Blitz, had a dramatic affect on the buildings future as the widespread damage meant that the council decided to concentrate it’s remaining historic buildings into one location.
And so, The Green Dragon Inn was moved to it’s current location on Medieval Spon Street. Once here, it assumed a number of different forms, Bastille, 1450, Blue Bistrot and finally Truth & Alibi! But none of it’s various reincarnations would stick. And so when we the new ownership took on this historic building in 2020, they decided to restore the name it wore throughout it’s history and thus The Green Dragon was reborn.
At The GD, they believe in the local produce available and in supporting the independent suppliers, while here at CovZero, we believe The GD serves some of the best food in Coventry!